List of active policies
DefinitionsData all information you, your employer or training institute submit to J&S including via the Website or email.
Data Protection Laws relating to the processing of personal Data and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation effective in the UK.
Employer orTraining Institute third party you have a relationship with who has an interest in your use and completion of the services on the Website.
J&S, We, Our or Us J&S Maritime Ltd, a company incorporated in Scotland registered number SC504092.
UK and EU Cookie Law the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011.
User, Learner or You party accessing the Website not employed or engaged by J&S.
Website NowLearn.net, JandSmaritime.com or any sub-domains.
3.Reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships.
4. “Including” means “including without limitation”.
5. Reference to a statutory provision includes modifications or amendment of it.
9. No delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
10. This Agreement is governed by and interpreted according to the law of Scotland. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Scottish courts.
12. The Website may place and access Cookies on your computer. Cookies used are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law. Before placing Cookies on your computer a message will request your consent, If you deny consent certain features may not function fully or as intended.
This section outlines your data held by us, the way we can use and how long we can keep it.
13. J&S is the “data controller” and determines the purposes and manner Data is processed.
14. We may collect the following Data including your name, job title, profession profile, contact information such as email addresses; IP address and web browser details.
15. J&S collects Data in a number of ways. For example, when you, your employer or training institute contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, email or other means or interact with our services.
16. Data may be used by us for:
a) internal record keeping and our legitimate interests;
b) improvement of our products / services;
c) transmission by email of marketing materials we believe may be of interest to you;
d) to monitor your use of our services and to report to your employer or training institute on your progress and training grades;
e) to issue course completion certificates to you or your employer or training institute;
f) disclosure to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
17. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard Data, for example requiring you to access your account with a unique password and user name. Technical and organisational measures are in place to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any data misuse, data loss or unauthorised access you should contact the data controller.
18. Data may be stored, processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). We only transfer Data outside the EEA where it is compliant with data protection legislation and the means of transfer provides adequate safeguard.
This section explains the rights you have over your data and how to exercise these rights.
Your Rights20. You have the following rights in relation to Data.
Right to access copies of the information we hold about you at any time. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and will tell you the reasons why, for example we may withhold information relating to correct and incorrect answers to questions used to grade other users of the Website.
Right to correct Data if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to erase Data from our systems. Requests by you to erase Data may be communicated by us to your employer or training institute.
Right to restrict our use of Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
Right to data portability to request that we move, copy or transfer Data;
Right to object to our use of Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
21. To make enquiries, exercise your rights or withdraw your consent to the processing of Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing Data) email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to Data is handled you may refer your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) https://ico.org.uk/.